Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evangelical Support for Trump Eroding?
(10-11-2018, 07:22 PM)Dill Wrote: Actually, a lot of the pro lifers are free marketeers.  Plenty of free marketeers might support a woman's right to choose if it helped the bottom line, but I wonder, in fact, how many pro lifers (if any) are not free marketeers .  The religious right follows the free marketeers because the latter promise pro-life support to get their votes.  

[Image: 0001.png]

When you say religious, are you talking "I am religious" (on Facebook) as they say something lame, or people that ACTUALLY are religious, go to church every week, participate in church activities?

Because I can't help but think you're equating the "religious" with the actually religious, which is wrong. The real religious are doing food drives for the poor, gathering warm coats when the temperatures drop to hand out to the homeless, building homes, going overseas to help get people vaccines and clean water sources. I know people who went with their church to New Orleans to tear down ruined flooded houses and rebuild new ones after Katrina.

NONE of those things sound anything like "enjoying the concept of the poor suffering". So I think you are either using social media "religious" folk who are only "religious" in words and only when it suits them as your view, or you really just don't know any truly religious people and have formed a very sadly ignorant opinion with your self-admitted bias. (I'm not religious myself, but I have come into contact with a ton of people who are, and have done so much good for those who needed it.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Evangelical Support for Trump Eroding? - TheLeonardLeap - 10-15-2018, 10:49 AM