Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evangelical Support for Trump Eroding?
(10-15-2018, 12:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You can't call people "ignorant" and "biased" when all they are doing is judging people on what they say.  In other words you can't blame people for judging "religious people" based on what people who claim to be religious say. How am I supposed to know how much charity work the people around here who claim to be religious are doing?

Also funny how people criticize moderate Muslims for not strongly condemning the radicals among them, but we don't see many Christians calling out the hypocrites among themselves.

I don't claim to know all religious folks, and I'm as ignorant and biased as a human can be, I guess.  It's just that more than zero times I've awkwardly sat while god-fearin' conservatives complained that our society is "too good" to criminals and the poor and so on.  I know people who are very high on Jesus who also have those "WE DON"T CALL 911" signs.  I guess they are tongue in cheek, but joking about shooting someone and thinking it would be kinda cool always seemed a little odd to me, no matter how bs-driven it is. More than zero people have seriously told me that people should be sterilized and/or we should be more willing to just shoot criminals in the back of the head, no fuss no muss, no undeserved humanity and so on. I'm not saying this stuff is unique to the religious, it's just politics over all else.

It's ok to have disdain for someone who has tens of thousands of dollars of medical bills because he or she has a $300 phone he/she can sell if paying the bills was REALLY important.  And so on.  I think we all agree that it is somewhat wrong to glorify in the suffering of others, but we always come up with excuses why people who aren't us who are suffering deserve it, so we can be free of that stigma and free to accept if not enjoy it.

How about the latest mass shooting? Well, if I were there I would have run in there heroically, not died like a coward like all those victims, etc. We are just delusional to the point of mostly incidental offense, at times.

Everyone deserves what they get...except me...I'm a victim of circumstance.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Evangelical Support for Trump Eroding? - Nately120 - 10-15-2018, 01:05 PM