Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evangelical Support for Trump Eroding?
I think one of the issues I'm running into with this discourse is that there is a lot of discussion about Christians without really breaking it down. There is a difference in how Catholics, Orthodox, mainstream Protestants, and evangelicals tend to view these things.

These are from the article I posted:
[Image: figure1.png?w=723]

[Image: figure2.png?w=723]

I will say this, as well, in that from my experiences the more charitable denominations have been the Catholic and mainline Protestants. I serve on the board of directors for an ecumenical charity in my area and we work closely with all of the congregations in the county and city, here, to help pool resources and more efficiently and effectively provide for the community. I try to stay on top of what the congregations are doing, talking to them about their benevolence activities and the ways they serve the area. What I have found is that the group that is most active relative to their size is the Catholics. The congregations that do little to no work in the community, though, are the evangelical protestants.

Now, this is anecdotal and I'm not going to claim that this is something that holds true everywhere, but this is just what I have noticed in my area. I also don't know the reason. I couldn't tell you if it is a lack of real formal structure that leads to a lack of organized efforts for community aid, or if they are just being greedy. I'm just saying that there are real efforts by some denominations/congregations to help people that need it, but not all of them are as benevolent with their resources.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Evangelical Support for Trump Eroding? - Belsnickel - 10-15-2018, 01:18 PM