Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump mocks Elizabeth Warren’s heritage AND #metoo
(10-15-2018, 06:59 PM)Millhouse Wrote: At 6 generations ago, she would be 1/32nd Native American

At 10 generations ago, she would be 1/512th Native American

Most tribes requirement range from 1/4th to 1/8th blood to be an official member of their tribe. There a few that require 1/2 and 1/16th, and very few don't have these limits but must have lineage proof.

Myself I am 1/64th because my mom's great great great grandma was Cherokee. Maybe half Cherokee, which drops the fraction down even lower.

Regardless, I never think of myself as a Native American, nor would I ever use the reference 'our heritage'. Let alone even considering using any of that on any employment document I am handing in.

Nah, you forgot to include Warren in that math. Minimum 6 generations ago, as in, 6 generations PLUS Warren.

Warren: 1/64
1 Gen Ago: 1/32
2 Gen Ago: 1/16
3 Gen Ago: 1/8
4 Gen Ago: 1/4
5 Gen Ago: 1/2
6 Gen Ago: 1

So it's actually either 1/64 at most. That moves your lowest amount to 1/1024 at 10 generations ago.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
EDIT: I have been reading apparently there's also no distinction in DNA tests on if they are North or South American natives either, as Native Americans have refused to feed into the DNA databases, so there's zero way to even prove that little amount is Cherokee. (Though conversely I suppose there's no way to prove that little amount isn't Cherokee either.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump mocks Elizabeth Warren’s heritage AND #metoo - TheLeonardLeap - 10-15-2018, 07:21 PM