Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump: Climate change scientists have 'political agenda'
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45859325

Quote:US President Donald Trump has accused climate change scientists of having a "political agenda" as he cast doubt on whether humans were responsible for the earth's rising temperatures.

But Mr Trump also said he no longer believed climate change was a hoax.

The comments, made during an interview with CBS's 60 Minutes, come less than a week after climate scientists issued a final call to halt rising temperatures.

The world's leading scientists agree that climate change is human-induced.

Last week's report by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) - the leading international body evaluating climate change - warned the world was heading towards a temperature rise of 3C.

Scientists say that natural fluctuations in temperature are being exacerbated by human activity - which has caused approximately 1C of global warming above pre-industrial levels.

The report said keeping to the preferred target of 1.5C above pre-industrial levels will mean "rapid, far-reaching and unprecedented changes in all aspects of society".

Climate change was just one issue touched on during the wide-ranging interview, during which Mr Trump also:

• Said that "the day before" he took office the US had been on the verge of "going to war with North Korea"
  • Said Russian President Vladimir Putin was "probably" involved in assassinations but added, "I rely on them, it's not in our country"
  • Said Russia had meddled in the 2016 elections but added, "I think China meddled also"
  • Refused to say whether he would reinstate the migrant child separation policy but added "there have to be consequences" for entering the US illegally
  • Said he believed he had treated Christine Blasey Ford with "respect" after mocking her testimony in front of thousands at a rally, and that "had I not made that speech, we would not have won"

There's more at the link.  Just figured I share it before he denied saying any of it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
Trump: Climate change scientists have 'political agenda' - GMDino - 10-17-2018, 02:13 PM