Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBC, SI say Burfict should be banned from football
(10-17-2018, 06:50 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I couldn't agree more. Everything you stated is completely spot on. No. Burfict is not the only player who is dirty or taking cheap shots. However, the fact that others do it doesn't absolve Burfict from doing it. Seriously, it makes me think of how parents use the line "if everyone else jumped off a bridge...". Other people do bad things in regular life, but that's not a successful defense for breaking the law. Same goes for the rules of football. Just because other players break the rules does not mean someone else shouldn't be punished.

Yes, Burfict is talented. I like the energy, hard nose style of play, and his football IQ. He's dumb for not cleaning up his play though. When interviewed, he always plays the victim. He has brought this on himself. He has no one to blame but himself. He could still lay big hits, be a good player, and be intimidating without doing dumb shit.

His play seems to be falling off a bit this year. Of course it's only been a couple of games and he will probably improve by the end of the season, but how much longer will people feel his value outweighs the fact you can almost count on missing him 4 games or more a year. Eventually I feel someone in management is going to realize they'd rather find someone who'll be available 16 games than someone who may give them 12 at best.

The thing is, the Steelers did stuff in the past...but even they seem more disciplined this year. They learned and have adapted. Granted it was only one game against the Bengals, but there was no monkey business with them. 

I frankly dont care if Burfict is a dirty player or not. All I care about his availability on the field and his performance. Him being a dirty player and continuing to be in trouble with the league effects his availability...which is THE issue with me. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NBC, SI say Burfict should be banned from football - WeezyBengal - 10-18-2018, 09:45 AM