Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBC, SI say Burfict should be banned from football
(10-18-2018, 01:24 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: So recency bias? We could also look at the fact that Burfict was JUST coming off suspension. So I guess thats not recent enough for you. The fact is one way or the other Burfict finds a way to not be on the field. He managed to get suspended for a non-dirty hit reason already this season, but nonetheless he was not available. He is absolutely one of the best backers in the league when he is healthy and not suspended, but the latter seems to happen too often. Hes a fun player to watch, but that shot wasn't necessary. We can argue till the cows come home, but that was an unnecessary position he put himself in. I like Burfict, but the edge he plays with gets him in trouble. Being a smart player isn't much to ask. He can knock 10 players out a game, as long as they are not shots the league is gonna review. If he gets fined or flagged for a sack this season, I am gonna give the man a pass, because these new rules are ridiculous. However, that hit on Brown was one that didn't need to happen. I don't see why asking Burfict to be self aware is a problem...

I disagree.  It did need to happen.  The Steelers team is a collection of rotten scumbags, from the top on down.  They deserve everything that comes their way and a whole lot more.  It was a border line hit and he got away with it.  Bravo.  It's a tiny piece of payback for broken jaws, necks, concussions, shattered knees, cheap shots, disgraceful TD celebrations, threatening tweets, hair pulling, coaches on the field, fines rescinded...

Every Bengals fan who doesn't stand up and cheer for that hit just ain't been paying attention for forty years.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NBC, SI say Burfict should be banned from football - McC - 10-18-2018, 01:40 PM