Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
President Trump says he has yet to visit troops overseas because he is 'very busy'
I left the photo so we could see the one piece of paper on his "very busy" desk.

Point 2:  As soon as he is asked about something he has NOT done he immediately turns to his only way of defense which is to use hyperbole for the things he claims to have done instead.

Does he HAVE to visit the troops?  Of course not.  But imagine if Obama had not gone for two plus years...lol...the oath takers would be calling for a coup because he doesn't "support the troops".

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-news-president-trump-is-very-busy-20181017-story.html?fbclid=IwAR0ibLIuEnStgj1VOPVjm6gUDNk_Iew3aZ6fYbwadjwX6VLg19eggDsIofs

Quote:[Image: ny-1539811925-2baaltpwm2-snap-image]

Donald Trump says visiting the troops is something he would potentially do. (Chip Somodevilla / Getty Images)

President Trump has yet to make a trip overseas to visit the troops because he is “very busy.”

The commander-in-chief spoke to the Associated Press Tuesday, and said that while he doesn’t feel it’s “overly necessary” to pay a visit to a military base in a combat zone like Iraq or Afghanistan, he plans to at some point in the future.

“I’ve been very busy with everything that’s taking place here,” he said, before diving into a rambling boast about the state of the country’s economy and unemployment rates.

“I’m doing a lot of things. But (visiting) is something I’d do. And do gladly. Nobody has been better at the military. Hey, I just got them a pay raise. I haven’t had a pay raise in 11 years… I have done more for the military than any president in many, many years.”

All the things President Trump is ‘too busy’ to do – even though he finds time to tweet and golf »

Trump also noted that he needs to keep the troops abroad for the sake of the country’s safety.

“The main thing I have to see is, I have to see safety at home… If I think people are likely to do some very bad things in faraway places to our homeland, I’m going to have troops there for a period of time,” he said.

For some veterans, Trump’s promises to one day pay the troops a visit ring hollow.

“Veterans aren’t surprised Trump has no interest in going to war, after he used his wealth and elite connections to avoid the draft five times while working class people went in his place,” Alexander McCoy, a former USMC Sergeant and spokesperson for Common Defense, a grassroots progressive veterans organization with 150,000 members, told the Daily News.

“What makes us even more furious isn’t that he won’t visit us in combat zones now, but that he continues to recklessly escalate and extend the pointless quagmire wars he’s making us fight, while back at home he’s using us as political props for his agenda of using bigotry to divide us so he can give tax cuts to himself and his fellow billionaires.”

But for others, there was an understanding that the President has bigger fish to fry.

“We all prefer to have a president that gets things done and we really don’t care what reason he gives the press,” said Michael Kelly, a former Master sergeant and the man behind the website Vets for Trump.

“The thing Trump haters do not understand about veterans, especially those like myself that served over 20 years, is we do what we do for our country. We do not do it for visits from our President. Frankly, any President who visits the troops overseas only gets to meet a select few. It is not that big of a morale booster.”

Presidents visiting active military personnel has long been an American tradition, and President Obama headed to Iraq just four months after he entered office.

He would go on to visit military personnel five more times in Germany, Afghanistan and South Korea. George W. Bush also headed overseas multiple times to meet with troops, as did Presidents Clinton, George H. W. Bush and Ronald Reagan, among others.

Too busy.  

Can golf almost every weekend.  Attend political rallies multiple times a week.  Can't go to visit any of the troops anywhere because he's "Too busy".

Don't worry republicans: Your daddy would have made your class's show but he works hard and just doesn't have time.  He'll bring you some candy (if he remembers on the way home from the bar...daddy needs his "relax time").  Just be quiet when he gets home.  Daddy is so busy he doesn't want bothered with things or he gets angry...and starts tweeting.

Hilarious
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
President Trump says he has yet to visit troops overseas because he is 'very busy' - GMDino - 10-19-2018, 07:23 AM