Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Do Bengals Give Up More 3rd Downs Than Any NFL Team ?
(10-20-2018, 02:26 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Linebackers can’t cover and no pressure from Dline.

We may have the worst LB Corp in the league right now. It’s bad.
Sounds like you've been on top of this. 

So with or without Burfict last few years, we stink at LB ?   We picked up this LB from Buffalo suppose to be hot stuff, and with him and Burfict we still stink a LB ?   I just have to wonder if coaches have some weird 3rd down D that never works.  Are they in a prevent ?  Why are they worst in NFL on 3rd down ?   I'm going to guess you give other coaches Burfict and the LB we got from Bills, and they aren't last in NFL on 3rd down.  Now granted, Burfict was suspended 4 games and this Buffalo LB has been injured a lot. 

Still. I got to think Marvin and D coaches fired and hired doing something wrong.  Something is huge wrong with Marvin Lewis defense.  He seems to be the same while other coaches change. We lost Zimmer.  What did Zimmer do on 3rd down we aren't doing ?  Worst in NFL last few years on 3rd down D, something is wrong. Marvin seems to be the constant.  What is wrong with his D ?  I hate to say it, maybe Marvin's not the D Guru they make him out to be, but Zimmer came in a few years here and Zimmer is a D Guru. Maybe the teams Marvin was assistant coach on like Steelers and Ravens, maybe Marvin didn't have that much to do with it. Or maybe the game has changed over 18 years and Marvin hasn't. I don't know. Fact remains Bengals last few years have been worst team on D on 3rd downs. That has to change if team is thinking play-offs.

Bengals are not the worst in NFL on 1st and 2nd down D in NFL. What are they doing wrong on 3rd down ? Are they yelling out the D, telling the QB the D ? For some reason these QB's are reading the D and picking them apart on 3rd down. 3rd and long, how do they give up more 3rd and longs than any of the other 31 NFL teams ? There has to be something Bengals do on 3rd down defense that the other 31 teams laugh at, but what is it ? Something they weren't doing under Zimmer.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Do Bengals Give Up More 3rd Downs Than Any NFL Team ? - kevin - 10-20-2018, 02:52 PM