Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Do Bengals Give Up More 3rd Downs Than Any NFL Team ?
(10-20-2018, 04:19 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Marvin is a bend but not break type. Always has been. I assume he imposes this on the DC (except Zimmer)

Good thought.   

If he is, we sure got sold a bill of goods, because the Super Bowl Ravens on his resume were not a bend but don't break D.  They were a never give up any yards D.  Then again, Ravens had those great DT's, and great LB's, and great DB's when they won that Super Bowl with Marvin as an assistant D coach.

I like you saying ( except Zimmer ). I think most agree that Marvins best D with Bengals was during Zimmer

Since Bengals last few years are worst team on 3rd down D, I would say the Marvin D is a Bend and Break Defense. Marvin needs to go back to the blackboard and change his computer things, because it just isn't working. Not on 3rd down anyway. The team D is not that bad on 1st and 2nd down in NFL, but come 3rd down they are a mess. Often on 3rd and long, so that prevent D has to go. I don't know what kind of prevent they go into, but it doesn't prevent anything.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Do Bengals Give Up More 3rd Downs Than Any NFL Team ? - kevin - 10-20-2018, 04:24 PM