Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The return of Geno Atkins
(09-13-2015, 10:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: All the talk is around Dalton and Eifert (for good reason), but it was great to see Geno register a sack in the very first game. I have a feeling he's going to have a big season, and this defense is going to start looking like it's old self. ThumbsUp

I wanted to take a picture of the screen where Dunlap, MJ, and Atkins all converged on their QB.  That was the play where Atkins got there first and popped out the ball.  But it just looked so damn cool to see ALL THREE of those guys burning through the line and blowing him up.  It must have been like looking down a triple-barreled shotgun.

I think everyone expected the defense to look good.  I don't know if everyone realized what this offense could be with a healthy MLJ, Eifert, Green, Sanu, Burkhead, Hill, and Gio all together.  The offensive line was downright outstanding.  Even the beleaguered Bodine held up well.  I can't wait to see Truck's numbers and analysis.  I honestly think I look forward to that as much as my coffee in the morning (and I looooove coffee).

Will someone create a thread raving about special teams next?  They looked pretty damn good, too.  Nice to see Nugent booting the ball out of the endzone on kickoffs and Huber doing his thing as well. 

Maybe a front-office thread?  For all my pissing and moaning about not drafting a burner WR in the early rounds of the draft, I sure didn't feel like the Bengals had a lack of weapons.  Hawk looked very good, as did the other FA signings, MJ and Sims.  I loved the hit I saw from Dennard (when are we going to start using No Fly Zone?) as well, who I think will turn out to be a great draft selection because he wasn't forced in to action, but eased in and developed. 

There are just so many things I am happy about with this team right now.  I know, I know...its week 1 and it was the Raiders.  But the organization has put together a very good roster and the team has all the talent to make a run at the Super Bowl. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
The return of Geno Atkins - Shake n Blake - 09-13-2015, 10:50 PM
RE: The return of Geno Atkins - Brownshoe - 09-13-2015, 10:52 PM
RE: The return of Geno Atkins - SHRacerX - 09-14-2015, 09:38 AM
RE: The return of Geno Atkins - BFritz21 - 09-14-2015, 09:10 AM
RE: The return of Geno Atkins - M.W. - 09-14-2015, 09:31 AM
RE: The return of Geno Atkins - SHRacerX - 09-14-2015, 09:36 AM
RE: The return of Geno Atkins - PApinhead - 09-14-2015, 10:17 AM
RE: The return of Geno Atkins - Luvnit2 - 09-14-2015, 10:54 AM
RE: The return of Geno Atkins - J24 - 09-14-2015, 11:47 AM