Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bills game might not be a gimme
(09-14-2015, 08:31 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I'm a big proponent of the whole "the Bengals have some of the best weapons in the league" ordeal, but the Colts are one of the 2 or 3 teams that I believe are clearly ahead of us as of right now. I will never understand why some people say that the Colts are just Andrew Luck and a bunch of scrubs. Sure, T.Y. Hilton is probably a bit overrated because of his volume getting pumped up by Luck and the Colts offense, but they have 2 great TEs to go along with their 2 #1 receivers and Frank Gore. I like our guys because they're young AND good, but the Colts offense is nothing to sneeze at.

I remember when the Patriots lost their opener last year on the road, then won their next 2 but one of them was a very poor performance against Oakland. Then came the huge Chiefs blowout loss and 90% of the football world was certain they were done. I wonder what happened to those 2014 Patriots?

I'm not going to say the 2015 Colts are guaranteed a Super Bowl spot right now, but after seeing what great teams can do in the very recent past, I'm not going to write them off as "overrated" and such quite yet. We're not even 1 full week into the football year, this overrated nonsense is going to look silly if they end up one of the top teams in the AFC.

Johnson didn't look like a #1 yesterday.  He looked old and slow and didn't go after the ball.  Even with the TEs Luck seemed glued to T.Y. until he went out with injury.   Gore was hardly even used by the OC and when he was he didn't look great.  The WR they took in the 1st round muffed a punt.  They should have used that pick to address their o-line.  

I'm not sold on this Colts team.  A healthy Bengals team beats them like we did in 2013.  They are too reliant on an aging offense and their defense isn't anything to write home about.  Colts are overrated.     
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Bills game might not be a gimme - bfine32 - 09-13-2015, 03:53 PM
RE: Bills game might not be a gimme - WhoDeyWho - 09-14-2015, 10:46 AM
RE: Bills game might not be a gimme - McC - 09-14-2015, 08:16 AM