Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you ever been called, "The Devil?"
Had a driver call me the devil the other day. Not to my face, but to the owner of the company over the phone. After the call, the owner tells me that this guy really don't like your policy change. I kinda chuckled a little but inside it bothered me. This is what sucks sometimes about being a manager. Employees who don't take the time to know the law, criticize you for abiding by it. I didn't write it. Hell, I didn't even have a say in it. Yet, when you enforce it because, well, it's the law, you get chastised and well, get called the devil. Kinda ridiculous really and I don't know why it effected me. 

Here's the kicker. Although I can print and distribute certain laws in the "Code of Federal Regulations" (CFR), I am still the devil. IDK, just irks me that some guys could think that way. I believe in doing things legal. It's pretty expensive for a company to sway even close to the gray area. That's what I get paid to do. Make sure we are in compliance. I will never sway away from my responsibilities but it still kinda bothered me. Just can't wrap my head around that BS.

In a nutshell, it's kinda like stopping your kid from sticking a knife in a light socket, but then they get mad at you and scream and cry not knowing the true outcome of their actions. No, I'm not comparing the guy to a child, but when your career demands you know the CFR, It's disappointing.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Have you ever been called, "The Devil?" - HarleyDog - 10-22-2018, 03:46 PM