Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin refusing to make nessecary changes.
(10-22-2018, 02:51 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: What?  Eifert only played the first 2 games in 2017 before he was out for the season and before Lazor took over. The offense actually got much better after that so not sure where you get Lazor is struggling without Eifert.  I'm also not sure where you get Eifert was a key part of Lazor's game plan and was facilitated through Eifert for 2018.  His most targeted game was against the Panthers , 8, when Bengals were playing from behind.  In the 4 games Eifert played this year he averaged 4.75 targets a game.  Not sure I would call that a key part of the offensive game plan.

The reason the offense struggles at times is because the o-line almost never allows Andy to sit back and go through progressions or let a play develop. Almost every darn passing play he is either rolling out, making quick passes or running for his life.  I watched most of the first half last night and I recall a single play where Andy dropped back and had time to read the field.  I thought, "Don't see that often this year."

Yep! The real issue is the past three games the OL has majorly regressed. They got punked by Miami but we managed to survive. They got punked by the Stealers and by the Chiefs too. Since we lost Price Hopkins did okay in one game then we were back to pockets with no nose and inability to run inside. Redmond has stunk and so has Hart. Losing Kroft is also bad because combined with losing Eifert it has taken whole play types out of the playbook. Then there is no Gio, which means we lost our best pass catching back and pass protect back. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin refusing to make nessecary changes. - Joelist - 10-22-2018, 04:17 PM