Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Might Have Missed BIG Time (2017 Draft)
(10-22-2018, 03:53 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I think the coaching aspect is highly overrated but I agree that Andy isn't the problem. The fact is we don't have the Athleticism that the Chiefs have. Hill, Watkins, Kelce, and Hunt. You Give any Decent QB those guys and he will put up huge numbers.

People forget that Andy was having an MVP season in 15 before he got hurt but not only that people forget that Andy had a good season in 13 when this team had weapons.  

To me the biggest part of last night wasn't the difference in coaching or QB play. IT was the skilled players and offensive line.

Sorry, I just can't get past that. We've been watching Marv fail in the same situations for 16 years. We've also seen countless new coaches take over rosters that went 4-12 (for example) and lead them to 13-3 type seasons. If anything, coaching is underrated. 

(10-22-2018, 04:31 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I think Zampese got a rough deal here in all honesty was used as a scape goat for this offenses failure.  Instead of blaiming the real corporate the front office. 
In 2016 Andy had a good season over 4,000 yards, completed nearly 65% of his passes, 
Threw under 10 interceptions, and had a 7.5  yards per attempt. All would suggest a very good season except for TDs.  
Last season we lose our best two offensive lineman, Eifert was hurt, and Ross didn't pan out either. Those losses we're catastrophic and did more damage to this team than any coaching move could have done. Andy's numbers were significantly worse than the previous two seasons. 
Looking at this years team in the first 14 quarters of the season we scored 114 points with Eifert. The next 14 quarters we have scored 67. 

Zampese was terrible.

Even in 2016, our offense scored 17 or less 7 times.
In 2017, we set franchise records for fewest points/TD's through 2 games. 

He didn't get a raw deal. The players (led by AJ Green) held a mutiny to get him out. He should've never been hired. He was underqualified.

As for Lazor, I'm willing to give him a full season before judging. Even Zampese got that much, and he didn't have Lazor's prior success. I will say this, the run game is much improved, and prior to this week, the passing game looked better as well.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We Might Have Missed BIG Time (2017 Draft) - Shake n Blake - 10-22-2018, 05:25 PM