Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Might Have Missed BIG Time (2017 Draft)
(10-22-2018, 05:26 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Mcvay- the team improved their offensive line and weapons drastically last season. Cooper Kupp, Andrew Whitworth, Sammy Watkins( replaced with Brandin cooks) , and John  Sullivan.  They basically did the exact opposite of what we have done in the past two offseasons.  So if you want to ignore the mass talent that has arrived in LA  and give all the credit to the boy wonder than go ahead. It however doesn't make you any less wrong.

Lazor vs Zampese- I like what Lazor has done I do but let's be honest here. Exept for the second Ravens game we're we scored 31 points against aagood defense. we scored only 21 points total against the Jaguars, Bears, and Vikings. So good Defenses figured us out with Lazor as well.  Also against the Ravens in the first Game Dalton missed a wide open Core that would have been a TD and had two turnovers in the red zone.

Also pointing out I have never said coaching is meaningless but at the same time I would rather have an elite group of players than an elite coach any day of the week.

Sorry man, but that isn't enough change to explain going from 4-12 with the 32nd ranked offense (224 points) to 11-5 with the #1 ranked offense (478 points). Watkins was a bust in Buffalo. Sullivan was a backup with the Redskins. Kupp isn't exactly AJ Green. Whit was a nice add, but you don't go from freaking 32nd to 1st (they more than doubled their point total) just by adding Whitworth and 3 decent players. 

The real difference was that Fisher couldn't get the best out of Goff. His system was primitive and predictable. But don't take my word for it. Todd Gurley called it a "middle school offense" during the 2016 season:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/rams-jared-goff-says-hes-living-with-bears-mitch-trubisky-this-offseason/

In the same article, there is a quote from Jordan Howard criticizing the Bears offense in 2017, saying the offense was "basic" and defenses "knew what we were going to do". So out went (defensive minded) John Fox, and in with (offensive minded) Matt Nagy. The Bears mimicked the Rams. Why? Coaching matters. A lot. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We Might Have Missed BIG Time (2017 Draft) - Shake n Blake - 10-22-2018, 05:49 PM