Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Might Have Missed BIG Time (2017 Draft)
(10-22-2018, 05:26 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Mcvay- the team improved their offensive line and weapons drastically last season. Cooper Kupp, Andrew Whitworth, Sammy Watkins( replaced with Brandin cooks) , and John  Sullivan.  They basically did the exact opposite of what we have done in the past two offseasons.  So if you want to ignore the mass talent that has arrived in LA  and give all the credit to the boy wonder than go ahead. It however doesn't make you any less wrong.

Lazor vs Zampese- I like what Lazor has done I do but let's be honest here. Exept for the second Ravens game we're we scored 31 points against aagood defense. we scored only 21 points total against the Jaguars, Bears, and Vikings. So good Defenses figured us out with Lazor as well.  Also against the Ravens in the first Game Dalton missed a wide open Core that would have been a TD and had two turnovers in the red zone.

Also pointing out I have never said coaching is meaningless but at the same time I would rather have an elite group of players than an elite coach any day of the week.

You're gonna sit here and tell me that adding Sammy Watkins and Robert Woods was heralded as adding great talent?
Woods had 12 TDs in 4 years in Buffalo. Never had more than 700 receiving yards until last year.
Watkins had a great year in 2015, but fell of drastically outside of that year.

The Rams had the WORST offense in football in 2015 AND 2016.
Then they rank 10th in the NFL the next year. That doesn't just change in one year unless things change overall. Sure. Players help.
But you really think the Rams are gonna have a top 10 offense under Jeff Fisher with that team?
Because facts would prove otherwise.
The best year they had on offense, they ranked 23rd in the NFL. In 2012.
From 2013-16 they ranked in the bottom five. And again, in case you forgot, were ranked dead last in the NFL for two straight years.

To the second point: The Bengals have had an elite group of players. And guess how many playoff wins they've won with inept coaching?

The following players have been All-Pros (first and second team) from those playoff years from 2011-15:
Geno Atkins (3x), Andre Smith, AJ Green (3x), Vontaze Burfict, Adam Jones, Kevin Huber, Andrew Whitworth (2x), Reggie Nelson

That's eight different players playing at elite levels. Three of them doing it multiple years.

You have a team with AJ Green, Tyler Eifert, Marvin Jones, Mohamed Sanu, Geno Atkins, Carlos Dunlap, Adam Jones, Vontze Burfict, Reggie Nelson, Andrew Whitworth, and many others. And you can't win ONE playoff game?
Or beat the Steelers more than three times in those five years?
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We Might Have Missed BIG Time (2017 Draft) - wolfkaosaun - 10-22-2018, 05:55 PM