Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you ever been called, "The Devil?"
Not called the devil but many years back when I was managing a restaurant the owner told me to fire a dishwasher that was sometimes late for work. Maybe I was a bit slack because the dishwasher did a really good job despite being late at times. However, the owner was an old grumpy drunk that had a penchant for wanting people fired for small reasons and sometimes no reason at all, especially when he was drunk. The owner told me not to fire him until he went home for the day. I guess he was too afraid to do it himself or be around. So after the owner left I grudgingly went to the kitchen and fired him.

The next day the line cook told me the dishwasher I fired called me a number of names I can't post here (but I assure you it was far worse than devil) and was planning to stab me in the parking lot after the restaurant closed. Fortunately he told him it wasn't me that made the call to have him fired as he overheard the restaurant owner tell me to fire him. It was a pretty bad restaurant due to a bad owner and I might have gotten stabbed for doing what I was told.

The restaurant went out of business not long after I left. I quit because the same drunk, grumpy owner told me to fire our best breakfast cook for no reason aside from the owner being drunk off his ass at 9 in the morning. So I called the owner a number of names I can't post here (but I assure you it was far worse than devil) and walked out. Big Grin
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have you ever been called, "The Devil?" - George Cantstandya - 10-22-2018, 08:28 PM