Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redmond - Weakest link on the line
(10-24-2018, 01:05 PM)Synric Wrote: We've seen a lot of these numbers spike over the last three weeks. 

Teams have figured out they can play cover 2 man against the Bengals because they can control the line of scrimmage. They can stop the run with 6 to 6.5 players in the box and force Andy to throw quickly into tight coverage.

I don't disagree the run blocking issue is exposing other things, but I continue to point out that pass protection issues aren't unique here and frankly we aren't as bad here as we believe when observing. It all works together to create a bigger issue. I think the O line not being  particularly good at either means that we can't use one to setup the other and provide relief to their deficiencies.

The offense has a lot of issues, I'd even include the issue of no one besides AJ is winning one on ones when they are seeing man coverage which is creating other issues. With Ross sidelined again, I'd reach out to Tampa to see about D Jax to give us the vertical threat we have been wanting Ross to be as he would be a one year rental. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Redmond - Weakest link on the line - Au165 - 10-24-2018, 01:12 PM