Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redmond - Weakest link on the line
(10-24-2018, 02:28 PM)Wyche Wrote: First off.....lots of good stuff in your post, and I agree with it, but I wanted to address what I bolded in detail.

I found this quote quite interesting:

"Forget that the Bengals scored 117 points in the first 14 quarters of the season with Eifert and 67 in the 14 quarters without him. It is also how Lazor shaped his offense around multiple tight-end sets.

Often double tights and sometimes triple tights, Lazor used Eifert, Uzomah and Tyler Kroft at least 32 percent of the snaps and none more than 65 percent in the first three games. In the last three games without Eifert, Uzomah has played at least 92 percent of the snaps because Kroft broke a bone in his foot. Without Kroft, in the last two games combined new No. 3 tight end Matt Lengel has played six snaps and Mason Schreck played nine before he suffered what appears to be a season-ending knee injury."

Lazor has some adjusting to do.....hell we don't even HAVE 3 TEs anymore in reality.

No doubt,

Lazor has got to rewrite the playbook with what we have and find ways to make it work. I think this is often a trap coaches fall into. They are stubborn changing their plan, "it was a good plan I made it up" and they often don't want to adapt it. At least not quickly enough.

This is where the hoodie and whomever he has under him are wizards. They rewrite the book every week.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Redmond - Weakest link on the line - bengalfan74 - 10-24-2018, 02:36 PM