Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets give Marvin credit this season ....
(10-24-2018, 02:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Marvin is 0-3 in the playoffs with QB's not named "Andy Dalton". Those QB's have combined for the following numbers:

66 of 118 (55.9% - terrible)
621 yards (5.26 yards per attempt - terrible)
3 TDs to 4 INTs (terrible)
65.0 passer rating (terrible)

...and yes you can blame the Head Coach for terrible player performance. That's why HC's get fired in the first place. They aren't getting the best out of their players. What makes it even more obvious is that we've seen multiple sets of talented players fail in the same situations. And it's not just QB's. Our pass rush disappears. Our o-line can't block. We can't stop the run or the pass. Chad and AJ have put up weak numbers. Etc, etc.

I blame Mike Brown for the 90's, but we've had enough talent to win playoff games during Marv's tenure. The choking is on Marv. I blame Mike for not firing Marv. I pretty much give the players a pass based on Marv's lengthy and dreadful history in prime-time, Steelers and playoff games.

I can't sum up my stance any clearer than this.

And Mike Brown is 0-7 in the playoffs during this time and a record of about .418 (163-228-1) vs Marvin Lewis record of over .500.

I can easily go in the weeds and say Dalton has horrendous QB stats, interceptions, pick 6's, fumbles, low QB ratings, etc.

However, unlike you I won't blame, the soldier[Dalton], the captain[Lewis], but I do blame the general[Brown], that's where we differ.
A place where you had to use a water fountain instead of bottle water or Gatorade. A place where you had to use used jock straps.

Screw that it's the freaking owner, it's the reason  quality free agents would never visit here and guess who changed the culture somewhat?

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2018/7/11/17552714/former-nfl-wr-t-j-houshmandzadeh-reveals-just-how-cheap-the-bengals-used-to-be-pittsburgh-steelers

There you have it, be blind, put your head in the ground, but it is the truth whose to blame. Maybe you know more than TJ, but I doubt it.
Marvin did the best he could and when he goes Mike will be up to his cheap ass tricks.

[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lets give Marvin credit this season .... - BengalYankee - 10-24-2018, 03:10 PM