Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Safeties Getting Toasted
(10-24-2018, 02:27 PM)kevin Wrote: The end of the Steelers game, where was the safeties. Yes there was what looked like an illegal pick that wasn't called. Still, why no safeties helping out with Antonio Brown.  For 40 yards, nobody between Antonio Brown and the end zone. In Chiefs game Williams and Bates got lit up all night.  Plays happen, they just aren't there. Williams was just awful.  We can blame Kirkpatrick, Jackson, Dennard and all the linebackers including Burfict for bad play lately, but they are suppose to be getting help from the safeties and our safeties are never there to help.  

Bengals lost Nelson and never ever replaced him. Then they cut IIoka who Zimmer with Vikings grabbed pretty fast. It could be coaches have the new Bengals safeties out of position.  In all fairness to Bates, he is very young and green and team is accepting the rookie mistakes as he learns on the field.  There isn't much excuse for Williams who just looks pretty bad. I think any NFL teams linebackers and cornerbacks are going to get burned if they don't have safeties on the field in a 9 man defense.  That is how bad the Bengals safeties are because it looks like a 9 man defense with them never giving cover support.

I hope we beat Tampa, but they have a tight end and receivers that will kill us if we are in a 9 man defense if these safeties are lousy all game.  Bengals need to get back end support on plays because you can't win with a 9 man defense.

( I typed and posted this once, yet it is on here twice.  Site will not let me delete the duplicate. If the Moderators can remove one, because this sites edit and delete system always says error and will not allow a member to delete. It can only be done by Moderators now. )

They are going to struggle to beat the bucs,but SHOULD win just because they are at home.If this was an away game they go down in a cloud of dust.This team is just not that good and the people picking the talent are horrible and a lot of these players would never make a roster on a pro team.a lot of them would never have been drafted and these coaches are average and it shows by the talent on the field.To come out in prime time and not play nfl football falls on these goofy coaches and the lack of talent on the field and all of this is on Marvin Lewis.He has the final say and he is awlful.Until new leadership is running things and that means the front office as well,I mean the injuries this place has year after year after year,should tell all of us we need a brand new conditioning coach plus many more.People been here in key positions way too long and are not getting it done.I give up.I see an 8 AND 8 season,Marvin Lewis gets outcoached every game,He needs to retire.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Bengals Safeties Getting Toasted - kevin - 10-24-2018, 02:27 PM
RE: Bengals Safeties Getting Toasted - fortyyearfan - 10-25-2018, 08:54 AM
Bengals Safeties Getting Toasted - kevin - 10-24-2018, 02:27 PM