Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redmond - Weakest link on the line
(10-25-2018, 04:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Perhaps I'm wrong, but I view Alexander as being a dinosaur. He was a high quality coach back in the old days but the game has evolved to a point where his teaching techniques and talent evaluation do not fit well with today's game/players. 

I don't think you are wrong about that. The game has just passed him by.

(10-25-2018, 05:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You got me, I misspelled it. I am recovering from Cataract surgery, and can barely see the keyboard.... Wink

Cool Sled, sorry bout that. ThumbsUp

(10-25-2018, 05:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They lost their All Pro Center and are starting a rookie at LG.  So it is hard to judge.  But if you remember I agreed that PA had to go after the Bodine/Ogbuehi/Fisher picks wrecked our O-line.

How about your opinion of Pollack?  Can he still walk on water and cure the sick?

Yeah i thought once they had an injury to that polished O-line we would see a big difference and it would show, big time.

And it is.

Too early to say about Pollack, been impressed at times but i thought Redmond had some tools to work with with his size,
strength and ability to move. Have not been impressed with what Pollack has done with Redmond. Maybe Redmond just
isn't smart enough but i heard he was smart too in some of Hobspin's puff pieces.

(10-25-2018, 07:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

You are welcome fine sir. Cool

(10-25-2018, 08:22 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: It only matters what gruden thinks about him.  Last year he slobbered all over him on mnf

True, it would be awesome to get something for him, just don't know if we should trade away our best player from our
weakest position group at this time. But who knows, maybe Vigil is our best LB'er right now, never thought i would say
that.

Malik Jefferson has tons of upside. We need more speed, better coverage and better tackling out of our LB's.

(10-26-2018, 08:55 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You're not alone in thinking that Fisher was going to settle into being at least a solid starter.  His rookie year, when they were putting him all over the place, just to get him on the field;  I really thought to myself "Wow, this guy is an athlete.  He's going to be a special player for the Bengals.".

I was impressed with how they moved him all over the place as a rookie and played that well.

Hard to do. That heart problem seems to have destroyed his game.

(10-26-2018, 09:52 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Not only that, PA also said Ogbuehi and Fisher would become great OTs in this league. Meanwhile, we're still waiting for either to contribute anything of quality and we're in Year 4. If they do ever become solid OTs (which I doubt), it's not going to be with the Bengals.

Dinosaur with stubborness, not good bedfellows. Mellow
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Redmond - Weakest link on the line - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 10-26-2018, 12:54 PM