Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To me , this is the biggest week of the season
(10-29-2018, 02:55 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I'm not a stats guy either, but we are lost out there. Never said our players were bad either. My personal opinion is, it's the scheme. I get offenses are passing the ball around a lot but when you intentionally drop LBers 15 yds into coverage and the offense needs 8 yds for a 1st, there is something fundamentally wrong. We can't stop anyone from running on us, that's old school, to many missed tackles again yesterday. That is why I say you should be worried about the Defense. 

Overall im not worried about the defense,because if they are smart they can make it a very capable defense. The tackling has been bad and a lot of that has to do with the linevackers theyve used like nickerson and old v rey. Burfict came in out of shape and looked bad on tackling. I believe burfict can improve but idk if he will with injuries also. We do have good players,geno dunlap will jackson jesse bates and vontaze if he gets it together. Its not like we have a no name defense.

Also the offense has to help the defense out more and stay on the field, all the offense droughts we have arent helping the defense. Its like our playoff games,keep putting the defense out there and they arent going to be able to hold up. This is why tampa came back on us. We arent controling the clock running the ball or anything because lazor loves to pass. And we havnt been that successful running the ball. I think mixon had most his yards in the first half. 

But i do think it would be wise to add someone to the defense,i think we got a couple hidden gems not even playing,jefferson looks fast and a good tackler and brandon bell really should be on the 53  he was always making plays in preseason.

Id like to replace williams also but im not sure who with. He needs to be a linebacker or something. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: To me , this is the biggest week of the season - bengalsturntup926 - 10-29-2018, 04:28 PM