Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Defense is Bringing the Team Down
(10-31-2018, 09:27 AM)Wyche Wrote: I'd like to add to my response to 3wt, in no way am I excusing our offense's problems in the 3Q.  However, you just CANNOT give up 18 4th qtr points to anyone in this league and expect to win.  The only game they have stepped up when the offense had a bad 1st half was Miami.  I see some scheme problems......but I mostly see the worst LB corps in the entire NFL.....and probably the worst in the top 50 in NCAA.

Oh I agree Wyche,

If there were 100 points for why a team loses in our case this season the defense would get 75 or 80 of them ! Having said that the only and I mean only chance this team has is for the offense to go balls to the wall every possession. We can't continue laying eggs on offense for the entire 3rd qtr. and first 5 minutes of the 4th.

I remember hearing some announcers last season about week 12 or so saying the Bengals D was the worst Defense in the NFL for giving up 3rd and long.

And we're still the worst ! by a wide margin. It'll be 3rd and 12 and we're playing man and the QB easily runs for first. Then it will be 3rd and 6 and our CB'c are 8 yards from LOS and backpedal 3 steps at the snap offering up the first on a silver platter.

It makes no sense how we get killed so friggin much on 3rd and long.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Defense is Bringing the Team Down - bengalfan74 - 10-31-2018, 12:36 PM