Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ireland becomes first country to legalize gay marriage via pop vote
(05-23-2015, 05:03 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: There are a lot of people that say that they want the government out of marriage now.  This isn't me trying to be a smartass,it's genuine curiosity:  is that a view that many people have held in the past or is it just a thing that people are saying because they're just that against gay marriage?  I had never even heard the suggestion until it became clear that all gays would soon have the right to marry.

From my experience, the people who want government out of all marriages are libertarian, minarchists or anarchists. These people tend to support gay marriage anyway and their take on every issue is coming from the angle that government shouldn't be there anyway. I'd say their belief is genuine.

If a republican says this, idk how honest they are being, but from my experience Republicans want to keep government in marriage for the sole purpose of being able to regulate it.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ireland becomes first country to legalize gay marriage via pop vote - 6andcounting - 05-25-2015, 09:30 AM