Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green to undergo further testing
(10-31-2018, 07:01 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Short term, this sucks, but according to 90% of you the season was already shot right?....

If AJ is out for a good portion of time, I say the team should use it as a chance to evaluate what John Ross can really do for this team (if he is healthy enough). Put him out there as the #1, let's find out what happens. We need a definite conclusion on this guy and I see no better way of getting the answers.

I went out to see Broadway's a Lion King last week. Funny thing, the main child actor for Simba looked EXACTLY like a young John Ross. Same haircut, same smile, same energy and excitement. Now, if you know the story of the Lion King (spoilers ahead), Simba's father (Moofasa) gets killed, Simba runs away in fear, but then comes back and lives up to his potential. I had a weird fantasy scenario in my head where John Ross is Simba and AJ is his father Moofasa. It took Moofasa going down for Simba to live up to his potential. I made up this far-fetched and outrageous scenario where it would take AJ disappearing for John Ross to ever live up to his potential. Whelp, it sounds like this is a real possibility now.

Losing AJ is never good, but if he is gone for a few games I hope the team uses it to evaluate the other pieces of the offense. It seems to be the most productive thing to do given the situation.
Now this is the kind of thing I would do.  Sit there watching a play and relating it to the Bengals.  You, sir, are a true fan.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Green to undergo further testing - Speedy Thomas - 11-01-2018, 10:32 AM
RE: Green to undergo further testing - McC - 11-01-2018, 02:50 PM