Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Defense is Bringing the Team Down
(11-01-2018, 01:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We just have to hope the coaches can coach up the players we already have. Tackling is the biggest problem with
this Defense right now followed by the coverage of the Linebackers. We have good players and Evans and Vigil
should only improve, same with the other young guys in Billings, Hubbard, Willis, Will Jax, Bates etc.

We will get better no question, how much is the real question.

Yeah I totally agree with you. I think the talent is there on defense this year in general but the tackling fundamentals have been poor at times. They seem to be trying to tackle high around the shoulders and that's cause a lot of missed tackles. I assume it is in response to not wanting to get personal fouls, but that's speculation.

The pass coverage from the LB's has been bad as you alluded to.

I think also that our defensive scheme doesn't really seem to align well to the shift in offense/rule changes that the NFL has moved to. Really no teams do, but it looks worse here partly because of circumstances...we have 5 wins, but really all of our games have been close to where we could win or lose except the Chiefs game and we had early leads in several prompting the other teams to pass more. So the stats are skewed some.

That said, we do need some scheme adjustments...which hopefully they make this week.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Defense is Bringing the Team Down - THE PISTONS - 11-01-2018, 01:15 PM