Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Defense is Bringing the Team Down
(11-01-2018, 01:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah I totally agree with you. I think the talent is there on defense this year in general but the tackling fundamentals have been poor at times. They seem to be trying to tackle high around the shoulders and that's cause a lot of missed tackles. I assume it is in response to not wanting to get personal fouls, but that's speculation.

The pass coverage from the LB's has been bad as you alluded to.

I think also that our defensive scheme doesn't really seem to align well to the shift in offense/rule changes that the NFL has moved to. Really no teams do, but it looks worse here partly because of circumstances...we have 5 wins, but really all of our games have been close to where we could win or lose except the Chiefs game and we had early leads in several prompting the other teams to pass more. So the stats are skewed some.

That said, we do need some scheme adjustments...which hopefully they make this week.

All true Pistons, we are going to need to see something different from Austin and Haslett, this last quote sure
doesn't give me confidence. He needs to be accountable for the lack of fundamentals in tackling and the lack of
coverage.

Showing accountability is what gives players a reason to respect a coach. One of the biggest reasons i think that
PA was a failure here was his inability to accept that his players were just not getting it done.

This needs to change. Luckily this bye came at the right time, i just hope that the players can adjust in time for
the Saints. Another great Offense coming to town.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Defense is Bringing the Team Down - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 11-01-2018, 01:35 PM