Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Defense is Bringing the Team Down
(11-01-2018, 03:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's amazing how the question mark on Bates in the draft was if he was tough enough to tackle in the NFL, and he has basically been our best tackler....

Yeah, i know, blows my mind. Thought this would be the only reason he would fall to the 3rd, thought we might
of reached on him a bit in the 2nd cause of his tackling at Wake. Definately wasn't a reach, dude like you said is a
great tackler to go along with his amazing ballhawking abilities.

Think he will be better than Reggie for us.

BTW, saw Reggie make some boneheaded plays last night and got benched for a series.

(11-01-2018, 08:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He's really the only guy on defense that I look at and say...that guy is bad and needs replaced.

I know that Kirkpatrick and Billings draw ire...but when you look at their grades, they're not that bad.

Same here, we have lots of talented players which gives me hope. The coaching really is what worries me.

Will the coaches be able to coach these guys up to their respective talent?

Austin's quote sure makes me wonder and i have always thought Haslett was a bad LB coach here.

(11-01-2018, 08:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Which interestingly leads me to the scheme being the issues. We've had years where we had bad starters and yielded better results.

We have only 1 bad starter on defense and we have decent depth everywhere but LB. The results should be better...especially on 3rd down.

For sure. The coaching is the obvious problem IMO.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Defense is Bringing the Team Down - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 11-02-2018, 01:18 PM