Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nigerian Army Uses Trump’s Words to Justify Fatal Shooting of Rock-Throwing Protester
(11-02-2018, 06:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You don't shoot people for marching, protesting, or yelling.  But throwing rocks can be very dangerous.  Anyone who throws a rock at a soldier should expect to get shot.  I respect our troops and would never ask them to be hit with rocks and not defend themselves.

(11-02-2018, 10:10 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well I would say Darwinism comes into play.  If you throw rocks at soldiers you’re an idiot, and while I’m not sure having soldiers there is legal I’m not sure how that law goes, they have no choice and shouldn’t have to stand there and take it. I’m not saying they just mow people over, but if you assault soldiers and get hurt or killed, that’s on you.

A couple of points guys:

1. Once you start shooting at protestors--into crowds--the chances of hurting innocent participants/bystanders becomes very great. (Speaking as one who remembers Kent State.)  And nothing fires up opposition to authority like dead bodies of the innocent, killed by people sworn to protect citizens. Also, "bad optics" as they say nowdays, even if you don't care about the protestors.

2. There are a few steps on the scale between "taking it" and shooting people. Rubber bullets and fire hoses are in there somewhere, as is tear gas. If children are throwing the rocks then yes, they have to take it.

I should add that the distance from shooting people for throwing rocks to shooting people for "protesting and yelling" may not be very great.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nigerian Army Uses Trump’s Words to Justify Fatal Shooting of Rock-Throwing Protester - Dill - 11-02-2018, 10:46 PM