Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest Impact Player/Position for 2019?
(11-02-2018, 09:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, Mike Brown is still the owner.  He sees football as being mainly CB/WR and DE/OT, everything else is just filler material.  

With that in mind, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bengals draft OL twice in the first few rounds next year.  They brought in Coach Pollack, I see them giving him some good material to build with.

What we need to see is the Bengals address more than one area of need simultaneously. For years, a bunch of us (you and I included) have clamored for OLine upgrades, with usually only getting a token pick or grade C FA as a result. Well here we are, still needing multiple upgrades on the line.

And now we're looking at the LB group, where if we kept more than a couple of these guys, we've sunk to a level that will take a few years from which to recover. Beyond Vigil and Evans, I don't see anyone there that we should want to keep any longer than necessary. And it's going to take several quality draft picks plus an active free agency period to begin that process. Dare I even say a trade or two?

Not saying we're the only team that deals with this, but to always be a couple or three players (or coaching) away from being "contenders" is wearing out its welcome. 

So, that was a whole bunch of words to say you're right. Mike Brown has to change or go. And probably Marvin too. Because Marvin. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biggest Impact Player/Position for 2019? - wildcats forever - 11-03-2018, 03:41 AM