Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If we decide to move on from Marvin..
(11-03-2018, 04:07 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Problem is the best coaching candidates are not going to put up with Mike’s delusional front office, free agency, and GM notions.   Especially when set against the other jobs that are bound to be open at the same time.  Cincinnati is not a destination city, nor is it a storied franchise.  Combine that with a Luddite owner/GM and it’s hard to get a top candidate signed.

I don't really buy this line of thinking at all.

1. Marvin Lewis was one of the hottest young candidates in the league when we hired him. We also interviewed Coughlin and Denny Green. Two very accomplished coaches.

2. Bill Parcells took a gig working for Jerry Jones. Joe Gibbs worked for Dan Snyder.

In the end there are only 32 of these jobs. We can get a good coach if we want one.

(11-03-2018, 03:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think if Jim Harbaugh wins the Big 10 he'll look to return to the pros. I hate him on the opponents sideline, so I'd most likely love him on ours.

Jim has probably been my dream choice since the 49ers stupidly dumped him instead of Trent Baalke. It'd sure make those Ravens games entertaining.

(11-03-2018, 03:12 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I kinda' agree with this.  But I think we'll be stuck with Merv.

Sigh...sad but true.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If we decide to move on from Marvin.. - Shake n Blake - 11-03-2018, 07:15 PM