Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defense (Deep-Dive Analysis using PFF Ratings)
(11-03-2018, 11:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: DL - ED
Dunlap - 78.5 - Good - #17 Edge
Willis - 62.9 - Above Average - #67 Edge - He's been kind of disappointing this year.
Lawson - 79.3 - #13 ED - HUGE loss losing him for the year. While he didn't get sacks, he got good pressure.
MJ - 54.2 - #99 Edge - He's struggling this year and with the loss of Lawson, MJ will be relied on more. Probably should have moved on from him in the offseason.

CB
Kirkpatrick - 62.3 - #59 CB. He's been ranked higher for most of the year and dropped a lot lately.
Dennard - 61.9 - #62 CB.
Jackson - 64.4 - #52 CB. Really disappointing as he was rated extremely high last season. I guess he's been exposed in full-time play as a starter.
Note: It considers ratings in the 60's as above average, but you figure each team has 2 starters...and if our starters rank in the 50's and 60's...then that's not good.
Phillips - 56.8 in limited play.

Was there not a listing for Hubbard's play on the end?  He's played a ton of snaps there as well.

So I have two problems with the bolded CB statement.  First, none of the starters are rated in the 50's, so I don't know why that is there.  Second, if 60's is above average, then you can't say that it's not good for the starters to be in the 60's.  Particularly in the modern NFL of rules favoring offensive players.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Defense (Deep-Dive Analysis using PFF Ratings) - jfkbengals - 11-04-2018, 12:10 PM