Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Male Squads performed better
(09-12-2015, 01:17 PM)Beaker Wrote: Free college for everyone is not a good idea. Not everyone is college material. There needs to be a "qualification" to enroll in any free college. What should come along with it is apprenticeship type programs, or job training for trades for those who would not make good college candidates. Along with that would be a placement program for successful completion. Like my dad used to say "there is honor in manual labor....the world needs ditch diggers too son". And I don't think college should be free. I think that colleges should have something akin to tuition limits so that it can be affordable to all who qualify. You always appreciate things more when you have some type of investment in them.

I agree with this, and that whole line of thinking. I posted in huge detail in the old forums about this and this was included. Some will want to learn a trade and that's fine as well. Hopefully while in the military they can get some basics about some crafts and when they get out, go to a school to fine tune themselves in their chosen craft.

(09-13-2015, 01:42 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Do you have military experience?

No I do not, however I don't see how that is truly relevant to the discussion, as I was not the first to suggest it, nor the last to agree with it and I don't see you asking any of them about their military experience. I'm pretty sure you intend to use my answer as an ad hominem attack. So here's your chance to prove me wrong.

I would've had no problems going into the military. I was being recruited by both the Navy and the Air Force. I was informed (based on my ASFAB scores) that I would be a great candidate for Intelligence. However, I decided to pay my own way thru college instead.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
All Male Squads performed better - Beaker - 09-10-2015, 06:17 PM
RE: All Male Squads performed better - Mike M (the other one) - 09-14-2015, 09:21 PM