Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Shefter: AJ Green will miss some games
(11-05-2018, 01:51 AM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: No way they win next 2 games without AJ.  9-7 and #6 seed may be the best-case scenario at this point, and I not sure if that doable or not with all the injuries.

The AFC is weak this year. The Steelers are going to win the division so that's one playoff spot. The Patriots, Chiefs , Texans and Chargers will take the other spots leaving one more. Right now, we are the #6 seed. Looking at the rest of the conference, I think we still have a decent shot. The only competition (right now) is the Dolphins (whom we own the tie-breaker with), the Ravens (who are in a free-fall and probably will own the tie-breaker with as well), Titans (who are 3-4 now but can get hot) and possibly the Jags (3-5 now but have Blake Bortles). 

Bengals should beat the Browns once, Raiders and Broncos. That puts them at 8-8.

Dolphins at 5-4 now will lose to the Packers, Vikings, Patriots. They can go 9-7 but will probably lose once to either the Colts, Bills (x2) and Jags.

Ravens at 4-5 now will lose to the Chiefs, Chargers and Falcons (and hey, maybe us again). That puts them at no better than 8-8.

Titans at 3-4 will lose to the Cowboys, Patriots, Texans and Redskins. That puts them at 8-8.

Jags at 3-5 will lose to the Steelers, Titans, Redskins and Texans. That puts them at 7-9. 

So yes, there is always one team that gets hot late and I could see the Titans possibly doing it. But right now, we keep rooting against them, the Dolphins and Ravens. 

No matter what; if the Bengals take care of their own business they will make the playoffs. So what if they lose to the Saints, who are by far a better team? Come out and win the AFC games. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shefter: AJ Green will miss some games - BengalFanInNJ - 11-05-2018, 10:09 AM