Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Offense (Deep-Dive Analysis Using PFF Ratings)
(11-05-2018, 11:43 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Wow. We're seeing things exactly.

I think if you told Bengals Management before the year that we'd have one of the youngest teams in the NFL, a lot of key injuries, and finish with 8-9 wins and have a shot at 10 and a Wild Card that they'd take it.

The thing is, the gap between where we're at now and being a team that threatens to win in the playoffs is fairly far.

We need Glenn to step up and play way better. We need Price to develop. We need Boling to get his rating back up.

We need more sack finishes from the D-Line.

We need Burfict and Brown to regain form.

We need some CB's to step up and get their ratings up.

Or, we need to continue upgrading personnel in the offseason.
I've felt all along that there was just too much ground to cover in one year going from where we were last year.  Going from that to a serious playoff contender was a whole lot of ground to cover.  If everybody or even most everybody stayed healthy, maybe we had a shot.  But that didn't happen.  It stretched the roster too thin.   And if any of the Big Four(AJ, Geno, AD and Carlos) went down, that might be too much to overcome.  I guess we'll see.

But I always thought we were still going to be a year away no matter what.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Offense (Deep-Dive Analysis Using PFF Ratings) - McC - 11-05-2018, 04:52 PM