Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Might Have Missed BIG Time (2017 Draft)
(11-05-2018, 04:46 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: The Pats drafted a QB in round two when they had one of the best of all time who stated he was going to play for many years. Smith gave no indication he was cashing it in, so it was NOT age. It was ability.  Teams that want to be elite strive to get elite players (and coaches for that matter), not always successfully but they try. They don't sit on their asses with 'good enough'. 

EVERY player believes he is going to play a long time.  If teams listen to what their players said then they would never draft replacements.  It was about age.

But even with your examples you are saying that only TWO teams in the entire league care about wining.  Just the Pats (who actually did not use a first round pick on a QB) and the Chiefs.

(11-05-2018, 04:46 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote:  Dalton, like many QB's in the league can't get it done. This is proven.

No it is not proven.  I lives in Colorado in the early 90' and there were a lot of fans there who claimed it was "proven" that Elway could not win a Super Bowl.

And again, are you claiming that 90% of the league does not "want to win" because they are not constantly using first round picks on QBs because the guy they have has not won a Super Bowl?

First round QBs are a gamble.  If Mahomes had been a sure thing then he would have went #1 in th draft.  And if Andy Reid was perfect at selecting college QBs he would never have used a first round pick on Kevin Kolb.

Teams that "want to win" try to build around a solid QB like Dalton when they get one.  If you don't believe me then you are either ignoring draft history or claiming 90% of the league does not want to win.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We Might Have Missed BIG Time (2017 Draft) - fredtoast - 11-05-2018, 04:59 PM