Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do free agent linebackers come here and wither?
(11-05-2018, 10:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes - It's amazing that a bunch of us see the same thing.

Zone is actually fairly complex especially when teams scheme to overload it and attack weak links which are our LB's. Man is easier to play and harder for a CB to just throw it to a wide open hot read.

The Con of man is you give up more big plays if the defensive line doesn't get home. But, we're giving up too many yards. It's time to switch.

Our CB's seem more suited for man anyways.

Pretty much positive that Dre and Dennard both played exclusive man in college, not certain about Jackson.  But, from what I've seen this year, Jackson looks like he's getting beat more than ever, so I'm leaning toward him being a man coverage guy, too.  But, to just ask professionals to all of a sudden change what they have been good at their entire lives, is just not a productive thing to do.

Let the Safeties do the roaming and deciding who to double up on, it comes as more a nature to their position.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why do free agent linebackers come here and wither? - SunsetBengal - 11-05-2018, 11:14 PM