Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Televangelists - Religion gone bad?
You can't blame the evangelicals though...Trump lies to them about what he has done and they NEED to believe it it seems.

Story is a couple months old but...

https://nypost.com/2018/08/28/trump-to-evangelicals-therell-be-violence-if-we-lose-the-house/?utm_source=facebook_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site%20buttons&utm_campaign=site%20buttons

Quote:President Trump warned evangelical leaders in a closed-door meeting that there would be “violence” if Republicans lose the House in the November midterm elections.

“You’re one election away from losing everything that you’ve got,” Trump told the gathering, according to recorded excerpts reviewed by NBC News, comparing the GOP’s Democratic opponents to violent anti-fascist protesters.

“They will overturn everything that we’ve done and they’ll do it quickly and violently, and violently. There’s violence. When you look at Antifa and you look at some of these groups — these are violent people,” the president said at the Monday meeting.

“The level of hatred, the level of anger is unbelievable. Part of it is because of some of the things I’ve done for you and for me and for my family, but I’ve done them,” he continued.

“This Nov. 6th election is very much a referendum on not only me, it’s a referendum on your religion, it’s a referendum on free speech and the First Amendment.”

Trump’s comments echoed those of his lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, who [predicted Americans would stage a “revolt” if Trump were impeached.

Trump also repeated his false claim that he had gotten “rid of” a law forbidding churches and charities from endorsing political candidates.

“Now one of the things I’m most proud of is getting rid of the Johnson Amendment,” the president said. “That was a disaster for you.”

But the law remains in effect after Congress failed to overturn it last year.

Trump signed an executive order in May 2017 that he said eased enforcement of the Johnson Amendment — but the order has no teeth, the network reported.

Later, Trump repeated his claim that Americans were once again allowed to say “Merry Christmas” — thanks to him.

“Little thing — Merry Christmas. You couldn’t say Merry Christmas,” Trump said.

“I’m telling you — when I started running I used to talk about it and I hate to mention it in August, but I used to talk about it.
They don’t say Merry Christmas anymore,” he continued as the audience cheered.[Image: unmiss-sound-button-muted-e74d67a0c85c35...2a269c.svg]

“They say Merry Christmas a lot right now. It’s all changed. It’s all changed.”

I'l ask again, and again, and again until I get answers:  Why do you allow yourself to be lied to?  Why do you defend the lies?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Televangelists - Religion gone bad? - GMDino - 11-06-2018, 12:19 PM