Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Televangelists - Religion gone bad?
(11-06-2018, 03:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 1. Nor should we pass judgement on each other any longer, but we all stumble

2. Well as long as you're keeping score, I've got a good feeling that the other person will always be wrong. But I'm still going to roll with the impact of a billboard that we fly by everyday is more in the image than wording, but as I said we can agree to disagree; but you seem to want to go more with the "you're wrong route"

3. No I was comparing a billboard to a traffic sign. Your comprehension of the point is disappointing

4. Glad we agree that there is nothing visual in that billboard that is trying to equate Trump to Christ

5. There message is not clear; it is conflicting in the assertion that they are trying to equate Trump to Christ. Call it deflecting if you want, just not sure who I'm deflecting for. Is it for the folks that state their intention is not to equate Trump to Christ? 

1. No judging, just taking it for what it is: an image of a man with scripture about God coming to Earth.

Quote:This verse describes the incarnation, the central fact of the entire Bible. It is the key to understanding everything else the Scriptures teach about God, human beings, the meaning of history, time and life itself. And what does the incarnation mean? Simply this: The one, eternal, triune God of holiness and love; the very God who created the world and everything in it; this very God has Himself entered into the world that He made, and He did so in the most personal and intimate of ways–as a Baby in a manger, as a Man on a tree.
https://billygraham.org/decision-magazine/november-2006/the-word-became-flesh/

2. Because you are. It's ok to be wrong, even I am on occasion. But in this instance, it's a billboard with a verse about God taking human form and a picture of a person. I don't know what they're message is, but the implied is that Trump is God. That's abhorrent.

3. Sure.

4. I believe we both agree on what the billboard is about. I don't believe you're being honest about the interpretation. And, yes, it is — consciously or accidentally — trying to compare Trump to Christ.

5. Not sure where there would be a conflict. It's a picture of a guy and scripture about God becoming a guy. If the message is anything outside of "Trump is something divine" then they sent the wrong message.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Televangelists - Religion gone bad? - Benton - 11-06-2018, 05:01 PM