Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Hitting Coach Turner Ward
Ward has managed at Diamondbacks AA and was hitting coach for Diamondbacks and Dodgers as they just won National League back to back years.

So Bell, Brewers pitching coach, Dodgers hitting coach. Keep it going. They need a good bench assistant manager, 3rd base, 1st base, bullpen coaches.

Get these coaches on the team so they can be a huge part of free agency. I still say half the payroll going to Votto and Bailey has to be changed so this team can add more players.

I'm going the opposite direction of FredToast here. I don't think Bell will be fired real fast. Reds could be finally making the changes that put Reds back on the winning track. Now the Reds have been just awful and in last about 5 years. So don't expect first place in first year. I don't think these coaches coming here in hopes Bell gets fired. These coaches are winners and them coming here shows something positive is happening with Reds. Of course Bengals Fans always are negative.

Again, it's good they are getting such quality coaches in here BEFORE free agency, to HELP bring in good players. Reds have to get some free agent starting pitching. The Brewers pitching coach brought in is good, but even he can't turn around all these slugs Reds have been pitching. They need to go to Spring Training with some pitching talent from other teams. Maybe even consider a player from Japan. I bet Japan has pitchers that could start for Reds. These coaches can coach up some of these players, but many of the last place Reds players are just too last place. Good these coaches in to help make needed player moves. Reds have a couple players, but they need to build a TEAM.

Reds small market has to focus on pitching and defense. Heck, they play in Great American SMALL Park, so the home runs will come without big money hitters. Pitching and Defense can make Reds look much better right away.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
New Hitting Coach Turner Ward - Yojimbo - 11-06-2018, 12:54 PM
RE: New Hitting Coach Turner Ward - kevin - 11-06-2018, 09:25 PM
RE: New Hitting Coach Turner Ward - kevin - 11-06-2018, 06:07 PM