Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do we tank this game vs New Orleans?
Mo is strictly a shock jock. He says ignorant things all of the time and this is just another example.

Our main competition for the final playoff spot is Miami, Baltimore, and Tennessee. Miami still has New England, Green Bay and Minnesota on their schedule. I would think 9-7 is about the best they can hope for. Baltimore still has Kansas City and the Chargers. 9-7 is about the best they can hope for. Tennessee has the easiest road of the 3 and still has New England and Houston. 10-6 is probably the best they finish, but I think they split with Indianapolis and end up at 9-7.

If we match our first half record, we'd end 10-6 and that should get us in the playoffs. That may even have a chance at the division. Pittsburgh still has Carolina, Chargers, New England, and New Orleans to go. To go 5-3 down the stretch, we have to win the games we should win which would be Cleveland x2, Oakland, and Denver. I'm not saying any of those teams are pushovers, but those are games we should win. To get to 10, we need to take one more from New Orleans, Baltimore, Chargers, or Pittsburgh. That's why this game matters and you don't tank. We still control our own destiny to the playoffs and division. If Pittsburgh loses tomorrow and we win Sunday, we're back atop the AFCN.

I know we're all doom and gloom and there's plenty of reason for that. Our top offensive weapon is out, our defense is a joke, and we're on a bit of a downward trend. However, we're not out of this at all. We pull off an unexpected win or two and win when we should, we're int he thick of things. We have some players coming back this week and we'll have more coming back down the stretch. There is a chance we could actually be hitting our stride at the right time this season. I don't expect a W on Sunday, but we have a chance. We only have that chance if our starters are on the field though. If they could somehow steal a win this Sunday, imagine the boost that gives them heading into 2 division games. If they beat New Orleans, there's a chance to go on a run and be 9-3 when we play the Chargers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Do we tank this game vs New Orleans? - CJD - 11-06-2018, 11:30 AM
RE: Do we tank this game vs New Orleans? - muskiesfan - 11-07-2018, 11:37 AM