Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whatever happen to that caravan, anyway?
(11-07-2018, 11:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm sure we can all hope that POTUS strong words and actions were relayed to them and the dangerous decided to return home and those truly needing asylum decided to do it by legal means.

Or...OR....The POTUS was fear mongering about it and *some* people bought it hook, line and sinker.   Smirk

(11-08-2018, 01:25 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The Capital of Honduras is Tegucigalpa. It is 2,742 miles away from Mexicali, Mexico.

Figure 2.5mph walking speed, 12 hours of walking a day. That is 30 miles a day (assuming they don't hitch a ride). That is 92 days of walking 12 hours a day.

I believe Mexico City was talked about as a big waypoint. Mexico City is still 1,617 miles away from Mexicali, or 54 days of walking 30 miles a day.

Walking is an unappreciatedly slow method of transport, and Mexico stretches on a for a damn long time.

(For context, the distance between Cincinnati and San Diego is 2,158 miles.)

- - - - - - - - -

I also think a lot of people bled off from the caravan because they either didn't think about how much walking 30 miles a day for 92 days would suck, or they accepted asylum strictly in Southern Mexico, which I know became a big pushing point that Mexico was trying to do.

Yep.  Most of what I read was that there was almost no chance that even a majority of them would make the US border and that would be weeks away.

But patience and facts don't help make people afraid.

(11-08-2018, 03:48 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Nah, the question was to expose your assumption that they will cross illegally and you're good with that. Just not good with how we would process them. 

So yeah, I didn't expect you to actually answer. 

Where did Dill say they would enter illegally?

(11-08-2018, 09:25 AM)Au165 Wrote: No we are going to tell Mexico they need to build the pens, and they will pay for it.

Careful, there those among us that will believe that.   Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whatever happen to that caravan, anyway? - GMDino - 11-08-2018, 10:05 AM