Poll: which wr has most catches while green out
Ross
Erickson
Malone
Core
Tate
Other
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which WR has most catches while Green is out?
(11-08-2018, 11:54 AM)Wyche Wrote: LMAO.....maybe, maybe not.  As to what I disagree with?  The ball has been spread around quite a bit.  Of course Green and Boyd have the lion's share of targets, they're the best, most reliable receivers.  Also worth pointing out....a lot of these guys have been in and out of the lineup due to injuries, or what have you....thus, limiting their targets.  Eifert was getting fed the ball quite regularly early on.  Kroft was getting targets.  Uzomah's number was being called.  Core dropped a couple of crucial balls against Pitt.  Malone had a pass deflect off him for an INT at CAR.  Ross was being targeted, then pulled up lame and hasn't played since ATL.  Mixon has seen throws, Gio was, then got hurt as well.  Even Walton has seen targets in his limited action.  I don't think your stats paint the whole picture.  Having said all of that, we have also had 4 fourth qtr comebacks for wins, with AJ Green, being AJ Green, and Tyler Boyd playing out of his mind late in games on 3rd and 4th down, needing critical conversions.  Who would you throw to in those scenarios?  Guys who have dropped passes, quit on routes, had balls hit them in the numbers only to turn into INTs, or guys you absolutely trust will come through in the clutch?  To say the QB lacks balls because of all of this is disingenuous at best.

There, that hit the spot for you? Wink

Someone has posted the numbers here before, but I'm having a hard time finding them due to firewalls here at work.  While I admit, my sarcasm and attempt at humor failed.....and apologize that it came off as being smug, I just don't see how you think he's "ball-less" for not spreading the ball around, when the numbers have shown otherwise.  Of course your two best WRs are going to see the most targets, all teams do that.  We just haven't seen those auxiliary targets do much when they've gotten their shot.....a la a Calvin Ridley, Cooper Kupp, etc.
I accept your apology and apologize for my comment as well. But we are talking about WR in this thread and that is who I am referring to he has no trust in the other WR not name AJ or Boyd. Yes Andy does target RB and TE quite a bit more then I like in most cases he loves to check the ball down and throw to the safe targets. The TE targets are ok since it moves the ball downfield a bit more but the RB targets are behind the line of scrimmage in most cases. Marvin talked about pushing the ball downfield more in the offseason and preseason. Daltons strenght is in the 20 to 30 yard range which he should look for targets in this area if he has the time. Core has dropped a few but he has not had over 5 targets all year after three years riding the bench and only 200 yards his rookie year he really needs more to knock the rust off this goes for Malone as well. These players come in from college and go right to the bench in most cases and are expected to play without flaws after riding the pine for 3 plus years which is unrealistic in certain cases I am sure it happens but is not the norm.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which WR has most catches while Green is out? - BengalsBong - 11-08-2018, 12:59 PM