Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brown Cited For Going Over 100 MPH........
(11-09-2018, 03:38 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: First off, things were a hell of a lot different in 1998 than they are today.  Cops can't give anyone a break anymore because it would be all over social media and the internet in general.  There's also cameras and social media everywhere, so it would be blown up, making it impossible to ignore.

Also, being at night and, not sure what the road is like, there was less-likely to be anyone out on the road to hit, whether it be a car or a person.  And don't try to argue "well, at night, it's worse regardless because you can't see them," because, going that fast, you wouldn't have time to react, dark or not.  

Well I agree that things are a lot different now, time's changed. I know my cousin who is a cop in Lancaster County said if his mother was speeding and drove past him, he would pull her over and give her a ticket. He won't play favorites and give out warnings. That's the kind of police we need out on the streets. I know if I wouldn't have gotten as many warnings as I did back in the day, I wouldn't have drove as reckless as I did. The last time I was caught in 2011 once doing 50 in a 35 because the sign just changed from 45 to 35 and I didn't see it and was pulled over. I cooperated with him and he said if I plead not guilty and went to court he would knock it down. The day of my hearing he knocked it down from 50 in a 35 to failure to obey traffic control devices and there was no points on my license and the fine was smaller. Now last year I drove my brother's car and got pulled over and the cop said my inspection sticker expired. I didn't know it because my brother never said anything to me and I don't pay attention to other people's inspection stickers. I cooperated, but it did no good. He said I was driving the car and should have known. My brother paid it, since it was his fault. I'm sure some sports star would have gotten off with that though.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brown Cited For Going Over 100 MPH........ - Captain Obvious - 11-09-2018, 03:51 AM