Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
The Steelers are just better than the Bengals
(11-09-2018, 11:56 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I thought it was evident the Steelers were better than the Bengals. It was expected before the season started and it's panning out that way. The Bengals were not good the past two years and definitely picked up (at least) a couple good draft picks in Bates, Hubbard, and (maybe?) Price to help get the team back to being a perennial playoff contender. But they aren't quite there yet and anyone who thought that before the season started was just wishful thinking.

The Bengals still need a new RT, RG (if they don't try Westerman or Westerman doesn't do well there by EOY), LB, and maybe TE. I believe 2-3 of those can be achieved via the draft, but they probably need to address 1-2 of those spots (better) in FA to make the fans feel confident in those positions going into 2019 season.

Good point, I thought we were two years away from playoff contention and I think the quick start skewed a lot of people's expectations. I feel like 9 games was kind of the ceiling coming in to the year and that is still attainable and a good place to be after being a top 10 pick and the 12th pick the last two years.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Steelers are just better than the Bengals - Au165 - 11-09-2018, 11:59 AM