Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Borderline Bar & Grill Shooting
(11-09-2018, 12:47 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I would argue the position they take that any restriction on firearm ownership is a violation of the 2A as lacking a firm constitutional foundation. Hell, it hasn't yet been a decade since our courts recognized that there was any constitutional foundation to a right to personal firearms ownership, and this has been going on for much longer than that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presser_v._Illinois

This would disagree with you.

Quote:I think that they are extremist in their views and have lost the original vision of the organization in favor of lobbying on behalf of the firearms industry rather than the owners, but that part boils down to where their money comes from. The individual members give a paltry sum to them when compared to the manufacturers they protect.

You also don't think anyone has a need to own a semi-automatic firearm.  I would consider that view to be rather extreme.  I will concur that the NRA can go too far, but I'll take an organization defending a constitutional right being overzealous at times to not zealous enough.

Quote:As for the social issues, that has been something that has cropped up most recently with NRATV, which really is just a cesspool of the worst the NRA throws out there. Essentially, as someone that has my specific issues with the organization being a sportsman and former member/trained instructor, NRATV represents everything I have grown to dislike about the organization.

You've mentioned NRATV several times, I've never watched it.  I do like Colion Noir and watch his stuff on YouTube.  I'll have to give it a watch to see why it has earned such contempt from you.

Messages In This Thread
Borderline Bar & Grill Shooting - Au165 - 11-08-2018, 10:01 AM
RE: Borderline Bar & Grill Shooting - Dill - 11-09-2018, 04:09 PM
RE: Borderline Bar & Grill Shooting - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 11-09-2018, 01:01 PM
RE: Borderline Bar & Grill Shooting - Dill - 11-09-2018, 04:18 PM
RE: Borderline Bar & Grill Shooting - Dill - 11-09-2018, 04:16 PM
RE: Borderline Bar & Grill Shooting - Dill - 11-09-2018, 06:41 PM
RE: Borderline Bar & Grill Shooting - Dill - 11-10-2018, 12:48 AM