Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
The Steelers are just better than the Bengals
(11-09-2018, 01:06 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Yet we will know they will not be.

Meh.....prior to this year, I would agree.  This season, they essentially parlayed their first round pick into a promising young center, and at least a decent LT.  Those were the biggest reasons Andy Dalton was murdered last season.  We had a backup center (at best), a LT that shouldn't be anything more than practice squad fodder, an aging RT that had to play all over the line to compensate for the fact that neither of our young tackles should be on a NFL roster, and old man Eric Winston out there playing what was left of his ass off out there.  Even though Hart is backup material, even he is an improvement over that.  They have gotten good service out of undrafted Trey Hopkins filling in for Price.  We have 4 new starters on the oline this season, and the scheme and coaching is better now.  

They've never done this that I can remember under Son of Paul.  So, if the trend continues this season....I don't see why they can't get it fixed by TC.  They get at least another tackle, I think you'll see marked improvement.  The thing is, they'll have to be more aggressive than last year, meaning, dare I say it, an impact FA on the oline, or at LB.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Steelers are just better than the Bengals - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-09-2018, 01:14 PM