Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
The Steelers are just better than the Bengals
(11-09-2018, 01:54 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Gutcheck, Blowdine, Livings, Ogieboogie, Fisher just to name a few. Our line has had issues really since Richie Braham got hurt. We've had a couple decent years here and there but by and large we've struggled. And for the most part it's been because of one Paul Alexander.

Agreed, we flat out get horribly out coached !

The one and only way this core of players has any prayer is for us to have an of season of epic proportions ! There's no way in hell you can fix this team in one draft. If you get two starting quality players ready that year in one draft you're flying. And we need like 4 or 5 top shelf guys. 

RT, RG, couple LBers, and TE and WR wouldn't hurt. I'm afraid AJ may start going downhill fairly quick and I'm not sure Ross is the answer ?

They've got to go out and get a couple top shelf FAs - period ! The bargin bin guys will do nothing for us.

Lots of great points!

The sad thing is over the past 3-4 years we've slowly, but steadily lost quality players in free agency. Sanu/Jones/Nelson/Joseph/Whitworth/Zeitler...I could go on and on.

And if you look at our drafts, the guys we drafted didn't replace the production we lost in most cases.

Lafell didn't replace Sanu and Jones. Williams didn't replace Nelson. Ced didn't replace Whitworth. Hopkins didn't replace Zeitler adequately.

Then you look at how the organization doesn't value certain positions like Center and Guard.

It's a bunch of things. The Steelers gave huge contracts to Pouncey and DeCastro. We let Zeitler walk and as a fan base we rationalize it being a good move because 'a Guard isn't worth it.'
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Steelers are just better than the Bengals - THE PISTONS - 11-09-2018, 02:00 PM